With Earth Day approaching (April 22), it’s a perfect time to consider God’s plan for how humans are to care for the earth. From the creation of the world until today, the Bible gives us guidance on what God has to say about our duty to act as stewards of the earth and everything God created to inhabit it. Although God’s good vision for the care of the earth has been marred by humans in many ways, hopefully looking back to Scripture will reestablish a right view of the role we as humans and as Christ-followers play in caring for God’s amazing Creation.
Photo courtesy: Thinkstock/paulaphoto
1. Humans are given the task of stewarding the earth.
Slide 1 of 7
2. God gave people authority over His Creation.
Slide 2 of 7
3. The earth needs a Sabbath to rest like we do.
Slide 3 of 7
4. God wants us to enjoy what He created, not defile it.
Slide 4 of 7
5. God uses His Creation to remind us of His Truth.
Slide 5 of 7
6. The earth is a showcase for God’s existence.
Slide 6 of 7
7. We are stewards of this earth for a limited time.
Slide 7 of 7