Even when you love what you do and have a vision for your life, some days won’t be as easy as others. You’ll have days when you want to give up or choose something more fun than working toward your goals. When you experience days like this, you’ll need to boost your self-motivation to keep you moving forward.
With good habits, you won’t have this kind of lousy day frequently, but you’ll still experience them once in a while. When it happens, you can use self-motivation quotes to give you a boost of inspiration. These quotes will help you focus and get back on track to achieve your goals.
If you haven’t developed good habits yet, these quotes can help you every day as you work on your new routine. When you set new goals and implement a plan, it can take some time to become accustomed to the schedule. These motivating quotes will give you the willpower to establish beneficial habits.
Whenever you need a boost of motivation, revisit these quotes on self-motivation. The words come from people who have been in your position before, so they can help guide you through. With determination and a positive mindset, you’re sure to achieve your dreams.
Fifteen Self-Motivation Quotes That Will Inspire You to Achieve All Your Goals
1. “Do not wait; the time will never be ‘just right.’ Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.” – George Herbert
If you wait for the right timing, you might never find an opportunity to chase your dreams. Follow Herbert’s advice and get started right now using whatever you have handy. You can collect better tools as you make progress, but you have everything you need right now.
2. “It’s up to you to make your life. Take what you have and stack it up like a tower of teetering blocks. Build your dream around that.” – Cheryl Strayed
You are the only person who can control your life. Make the most out of your situation using what you have right now, and build on that foundation.
3. “I don’t focus on what I’m up against. I focus on my goals, and I try to ignore the rest.” – Venus Williams
When you focus on what you’re up against, it only causes fear and insecurity. However, when you focus on your goals, you can ignore the negative feelings. Plus, it’ll make the obstacles seem a little less daunting.
4. “Whatever you want in life, other people are going to want it too. Believe in yourself enough to accept the idea that you have an equal right to it.” – Diane Sawyer
You might be afraid to go for your dreams because other people want them, too. Self-limiting thoughts can make you think that you’re not worthy of the position or that someone else is better than you.
However, you must follow Sawyer’s advice and believe in yourself. You deserve good things, and you are worthy of obtaining them.
5. “We think, mistakenly, that success is the result of the amount of time we put in at work, instead of the quality of time we put in.” – Arianna Huffington
Chances are, you have more than one life goal. You’ll have at least one career-related goal and one personal goal. If you want to put in time for both, you’ll have to figure out how to manage your time wisely.
Self-motivation requires you to get started and focus until the task is complete. When you work this way, you will get more work accomplished in less time, and the work will be of a higher quality. Then, you’ll have time left over to dedicate to your personal goals.
6. “Set your goal, don’t give up when you face obstacles, and stay focused, as the power within is truly amazing!” – Catherine Pulsifer
Pulsifer makes the road to success sound easy in this self-motivation quote. Follow her advice and stay focused as you overcome obstacles. You have the power within you to make it happen.
7. “Impossible is just a word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It’s an opinion. Impossible is potential, impossible is temporary, impossible is nothing.” – Muhammad Ali
Anything is possible if you believe in yourself and focus on making positive changes in your life. Only people who don’t want to put in the effort to do great things describe things as impossible. Keep your goal in mind and ignore anyone who tells you that you can’t do it.
8. “Focus on your strengths, not your weaknesses, focus on your character, not your reputation, focus on your blessings, not your misfortunes.” – Roy T. Bennett
Everyone has weaknesses, but they also have strengths. Don’t fixate on the things you aren’t good at because it won’t help you get anywhere in life. Instead, focus on your strengths and build your life around your unique talents.
9. “The future rewards those who press on. I don’t have time to feel sorry for myself. I don’t have time to complain. I’m going to press on.” – Barack Obama
As Obama explains, good things come to the people who persevere to accomplish their goals. Don’t waste time wallowing in self-pity when you could put pushing forward and getting one step closer.
10. “Lack of direction, not lack of time, is the problem. We all have twenty-four hour days.” – Zig Ziglar
Everyone has the same amount of time in their day, so using a lack of time as an excuse isn’t a plausible reason. It all depends on how you choose to use your time. Focus on the essential tasks first, and you’ll see more progress.
11. “We hold ourselves back in ways both big and small, by lacking self-confidence, by not raising our hands, and by pulling back when we should be leaning in.” – Sheryl Sandberg
When you need motivation, focus on building self-confidence and speaking up. Participate in discussions, ask questions, and take in all the information you can. When you live this way, you’ll always find the inspiration to persevere.
12. “Whenever you want to achieve something, keep your eyes open, concentrate and make sure you know exactly what it is you want. No one can hit their target with their eyes closed.” – Paulo Coelho
Keep your eyes on your goals, or you’ll stray from the path. Focus on making progress toward your dream life so that you always remember what you’re working toward.
13. “I had 22 jobs before I started my own business at the age of 23, and I didn’t want one more boss telling me what to do. So I was motivated simply because I didn’t want a boss.” – Barbara Corcoran
One of the best ways to achieve your goals is to figure out why you want them. Spend time thinking about why you want what you are working toward so that you can remind yourself whenever necessary.
As Corcoran explains in this quote, your self-motivation can come from surprising places. Think about what you want most, figure out why you want it, and then you’ll feel more motivated to work toward it.
14. “Stay focused and don’t allow distractions to fill your mind or derail you from taking continued action.” – Byron Pulsifer
Distractions are a part of life that you must learn to ignore. Don’t let things get you off course and cause you to miss out on opportunities. Keep taking action and stay focused on your goals.
15. “Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration. The rest of us just get up and go to work.” – Stephen King
You’ll get all the inspiration you need in life if you just get started. Don’t sit around waiting for inspiration to strike because it might never happen that way. If you want to experience new opportunities and take steps toward your goal, you must get out there and work for it.
Final Thoughts on Self-Motivation Quotes to Help You in Reaching All Your Goals
There will be days when you feel like giving up or skipping out on your priorities. You can’t give into too many days like this, though, or it’ll stand in the way of reaching your goals. When you need a boost of inspiration, these self-motivation quotes can change your mindset.
As you read these self-motivation quotes, spend time reflecting on the words and thinking about the meaning. If you feel like you’ve lost sight of your goals or you’re just having a bad day today, these quotes can make all the difference. Remember the words or write down your favorite quotes so that you can recall them later on, too.
The more often you read inspiring quotes, the more they help influence your mindset. They will help guide your mind back on track, allowing you to refocus on your priorities.